Saturday, April 9, 2011

If You Need Assistance, Please Come to Room 214

Oh, hey, WE'RE MARRIED! Ta-daaaa! Everything went splendidly thanks to so many friends and family helping us out. Mother Nature tried to pull a fast one with some snow that morning during pictures, but it was weak sauce and everything was perfect. :) The ceremony was amazing, the luncheon was delicious (from what I hear; my stomach wasn't cooperating, as I hear is the case for most brides), the drive down was pretty smooth other than 2 huge accidents (one of which a car full of groomsmen almost were in), the reception was exactly how I was hoping it would look and feel, our talented photographer was busily snapping away, all of our family and friends were there, Dana was there pretty much the whole day via web cam, the groom was phenominal as always, and most importantly, we got married!!!

I haven't caught up with the photographer yet since this was our first week back from the honeymoon and we've been trying to wade through the sea of boxes, gifts, and junk in our apartment while still going to work and school, but Verna posted some pics on her blog and facebook, so I stole some for mine:
Fresh outta the temple and into the sea of cameras. From the look on Bracken's face you can tell how much he adores having his picture taken.

The Logan temple. Other than convenient location, I mainly picked it because it looks like a castle.

Mr. and Mrs. Rawlings

My strong, handsome, available brother. And Staci telling some joke in the background.

The Rawlings family freezing outside of the temple.

My favorite boys!

Grandma!

A great moment caught on film by Verna during Bracken's obligatory groom 'thank you' speech.

The n00b table

Verna creeping out Alyssa, the photographer

The best sister ever on webcam in London!

Moments before a sea of guests arrived at our reception.

Our family table! It has our pic and pics of our parents and grandparents at their weddings.

The candy table and our wedding cake! The birds made their way up to the top of the cake.

The cakes and fruit table and our cool stripey straws.

Bracken told me he was going to be nice. I told him I was not. We both followed through.

The gifts table with our cards birdcage.

Verna's bee-yootiful pom poms! And groomsmen we forced to do hard labor. Well done, boys.

A HUGE thank you to my friend Sheri, who pretty much made all of the reception decoration happen. She's incredible! So that's what we've got so far via Verna's camera. More awesome pictures to come! And once I finally figure out my Photoshop I'll post the San Fransisco (honeymoon) pics. AND when I get them from my dad I'll post the pics from our kick-butt open house in San Diego that we had a week later. 

Other than that, our big news this week is our shopping trip we did yesterday at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond. We finally got a chest of drawers, a shoe rack, some storage shelves, a TV stand, a vacuum, and Bracken's Chargers cup. So yesterday was full of Bracken putting things together with occasional help from me, and me organizing and taking a car-load of junk to the dumpster. We can FINALLY walk around in our apartment! Huzzah!! But tonight Brad and Staci are bringing over all of our presents from the Utah reception that they've been graciously stowing at their house for two weeks, so it'll fill back up quickly. But still, storage shelves!!! They're a life-saver! We were also going to pick up a book shelf from Target but they didn't have the color we wanted so I'll stop by this next week and grab it when they have it back in stock.

Also, I got my name changed on my social security card and driver's license Monday morning! And it only took me 2 hours! Beat that. I am officially Chelsey Rawlings. I just dropped the Turner. I figured my brain wouldn't wrap around having three names after just the two for the past 23 years. However, Staci still makes me initial the sign-in log at work as CTR. I'll probably get used to that and then initial everything CTR and then confuse a lot of people, but whatever.

OK, long post with lots of words and pictures, but congratulations to you if you made it to the end! I'll go now and try to find something to do here at work on a Saturday again, which will most likely end up with me doing sudoku and avoiding Crazy Jim in the student commons.

1 comment:

  1. I made it to the end of this post and also the later one! Charlie, what has she won?! I don't think I'd heard about the groomsmen's brush with near death. Nice plug for Brian. I can't wait to see all the pics Alyssa took and the rest of the Bridals! XD

    ps. congrats on the vacuum. Remember to plug it in before using.

    ReplyDelete