There. Now that that's out of the way, we've got 47 days left. But who's counting, right? Me. I am counting. And burning my retinas into nothingness with 24/7 bridal blog viewing. Speaking of which, found a real gem of a site called offbeatbride.com. Check this doozy out:
Classy, right? It's a German LARP (Live Action Role-Play) wedding. Charming.
Anyhow, I've been redoing my women's boutonnieres over the past 24 hours and finally finished them! Here's a crappy pic from my phone:
Obviously getting all the materials took much more than 24 hours, but what I mean is I finally realized how I wanted them all to look and have been cutting, hair spraying, and hot gluing like a mad woman. Now I just have the men's boutonnieres to do and I'll be done with them! Of course that just means I'll get to start on the 50 other projects I have left for this wedding. Luckily I have Sheri to help me with all things crafty/designy/pretty much everything.
Got a call from my Britishy sister, Dana this afternoon! While she regretfully let me know she probably won't be able to make it over the pond for the wedding, she also proposed the plan of getting dad to bring a laptop with a web cam, setting her at a table with a piece of cake in front of her and a boutonniere attached to the screen, and ta-da! She's there! What are you talking about, it will totally work. Also, so told me she finished making our bird cake toppers! I'm so excited to see them. :) And I told Bracken we're going to have to definitely visit them before they leave because....well because it's my sister and her family and it's London.
More excitement: my wedding shoes arrived!! Huzzah! Here they are in all their glory:
Beautiful, aren't they? I'm so pleased. :) Bracken got his a few days ago but it looks like they used green instead of yellow...we'll see what happens with that. Either way, they still look awesome!
Bracken's birthday is this Friday so a bunch of us are all going to his favorite restaurant (Red Robin). Looking forward to that. Also looking forward to figuring out what the heck I'm gonna get him. Any ideas, Verna? I'm sure you're ripe with them.
The Superbowl was today. I mostly just heard the first 3/4 of it (including the horrendous half-time show from the Black-Eyed Peas...Fergie sounded like a dying goose) from the kitchen whilst doing said gluing, but we definitely watched the Puppy Bowl for the 2 hours before the Superbowl. Our favorite puppy even won Most Valuable Puppy! His name is CB and Bracken voted for him about 3 times online. At first I figured he won because Bracken was the only voter, but apparently over 8.6 million viewers tune in to watch the Puppy Bowl (as they should). Congratulations, CB.Okay, time to go stalk more bridal blogs. Because I totally haven't been doing that for the past 4 hours...




No comments:
Post a Comment