Thrilling, I know. At least I have a heater under my desk to warm my frozen feet after stepping into 3-4" of snow in my slippers this morning. Stupid snow. You better be gone in a month or so help me..
Last night my camera nightmare was partially solved. This time I pulled out my phone to take a picture of the gorgeous town in Italy. I guess that works, right? Kind of? ...I still need a camera.
Yesterday after Bracken and I devoured our J-Dogs with special sauce, I ran around to Seagull Book, Deseret Book, Wal-Mart, and both malls to try to find a nude-colored Shade shirt to use under my lace bolero thing for my dress. 2 hours later I just ended up grabbing the one I was about to throw away at my apartment that is still lighter than my skin, but it's the best I found. I thought this was Utah; shouldn't Shade shirts of any and all colors be bursting out of every corner and crevice? Not so.
Then I met Celeste at the Drapers and we finalized all the details of the bolero, the bustle, and the hem line. I'm pretty excited to see this whole dress when it's done (around Tuesday or Wednesday). Then I get to take pretty pictures in it next Saturday with Bracken! I'm loving the idea of using the Art Museum. I've found throughout this whole wedding process that I try to find a way to make everything I do be different than everyone else's ideas. I guess I just get irritated with all the similarities I see. I even thought of two more awesome engagement picture photo shoot ideas even though we already took ours and they look great. My brain just doesn't stop thinking. You'd think all this overload I've been causing it would make it shut down completely, but it seems to be doing the opposite. ADD? Perhaps. Actually, probably.
Money is stupid. I propose we all just trade high fives or compliments. Now that is a world we should all live in. See, look! More great ideas from this over-worked brain of mine. I don't care about the catastrophic repercussions that would inevitably ensue with the loss of monetary value. Just do it. Also, everyone should have a puppy. Or maybe I should just have a good dozen or so. Already potty-trained.
I think half of our front desk plant is dying again:
Ever since we cut costs and gave our plant lady the axe, this has been happening at least 3-4 times a week. We're not very good at keeping it alive and not completely pitiful-looking. That's why we should get rubber plants. Or those bamboo shoots that are impossible to kill. I saw them at IKEA for like, $4.
I need to go to IKEA. I've been noticing some pretty vital pieces of furniture that I do not have in my apartment. Bracken and I are slowly moving over his movies, books, and various other junk (so it's not all in one annoyingly stressful day), and a book shelf and some storage shelves would be golden. Also, when we eventually bring over his clothes we'll be needing a chest of drawers of some sort. IKEA is usually the best choice for my tiny apartment because it sells smaller pieces that you assemble yourself, so they can actually fit through the tiny door and down the stairs with the low ceiling and into the Gilbert. Now let's hope they've switched over to my high-five/compliment monetary system...
OK, I guess I'll place the Staples office supplies order now. At least I got about 1 1/2 hrs out of the way with my bloggy ramblings. Then I'll eat my greek yogurt and granola I brought, cuz I'm pretty excited about that. Adios!


WAIT, wait, just wait a minute!! Bracken is going to be in your BRIDALS? That makes them BRIDE & GROOMALS. 8/ About the nude color shirt...I found a couple at H&M. One fleshy color and one light pinky.
ReplyDeleteThe high five thing, I like on MY part, but how would you like to be paid for your 5 hours of just sitting there with a high five? eh?
Way to dash my dreams, Debbi Downer. :(
ReplyDelete