Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give Me Details

So I knocked Staci out today. OK not really, but kind of. We had a giant blow-up boxing ring and all of the employees had a tournament. I was thrown in at the last minute and got to box Staci. At first we were following the no-head-shots rule, but as I took a short break from working Stace's stomache and back, she popped me right in the temple. Good shot, Stace. So...I returned the favor and next thing I knew she was on the ground. Guess fighting for a half hour this morning and once again just minutes before our match tired her out a bit and gave me a clear advantage.

BUT, then they threw me in there with Kelsi for her first match. After about 5 minutes of the two of us punching relentlessly with no chance of either of us going down, I decided I'd like to be able to breathe so I just fell on my back. Forfeit, yes, but neither of us were anywhere near winning and fatigue from said Staci match and lack of oxygen to lungs/brain won out. Well played, Kelsi. Well played.

And well played, Staci. A day of boxing under her belt already and I still heard a distinct pop in my neck when her iron fist of fury made contact with my skull. Also, good job punching the snot out of your boss an hour later. ;)

See, we looked like this only a lot cooler cuz we didn't wear the lame protective head gear *drools on keyboard*

Also today I had to go to Insights class for work at 10 AM (i.e. my usual wake-up time). It's a class that the company makes all employees go to so they can see what 'color' they are and other probably made-up junk. Alright, maybe not all made up cuz it was pretty right about me. I actually liked it if it weren't for the feminist demon from the SLC campus ("I'm actually from Colorado, blah blah blah me me me") sitting behind me and asking to be stabbed in the eye with my pen. Maggie and I were keeping a tally of how many times she interrupted the class with some comment about how she's different and not one of us mormon hicks from the valley. Over 30 tallies. "I'm totally not judgemental. I mean, I married a mormon...and we're divorced now..." "I just don't understand the laws here. I mean, a church on every corner instead of a liquor store?" ....laws, eh? Yeah, we got to put up with that for three hours.

However, we got our test result packets back (you take the test a week or so before the class) and I am a blue. My color order actually goes blue, yellow, red, green. Apparently blues care more about detail and analyzing things. We get a folder with our results packet in it, and this packet's pretty thick. It goes over personal style ('Chelsey believes in doing everything the right way and her preoccupation with perfection makes her sensitive to errors or unfairness'), Interacting with Others ('Sometimes her introverted analytical preferences may prevent her from expressing outwardly what is really going on inside her head'), Decision Making ('She may occasionally be slow at coming to a decision, or try to have a decision reversed, as she has a need to analyze all the available alternatives'), Key Strengths & Weaknesses ('Pays great attention to detail. May go off in her own direction if challenged.'), Value to the Team, Communication, etc.

Then it goes into the color charts and Insights Wheel and all that fun stuff. The teacher made some big deal about me being a blue with a yellow 2nd color because those are opposite colors and supposedly only like 3% of the population is like that...whatever. Yes, I'm odd. More importantly, we got free lunch! And my egg salad sandwich was the best ever. And they gave us these squishy blocks to put on our desks:


Awww, squishy blocks. 

I got ma hurr did on Sunday! I love it. K made it just a bit darker and trimmed it so the ends don't make people puke. Hoo-ray! Also, on my 3 hour lunch today I went and checked out places to take bridals. After much driving and not getting lost (no, seriously) I walked into the Springville Museum of Art and loved it! It's perfect. I'm really excited to take them there next Saturday. :)

We finally got our invitations printed and they look perfect! I'll put up a picture later; it's almost time to leave work and it's been a looong day. I think that'll be it for today's post. Now off to Bracken's and watch whatever shows are on Thursday nights.

2 comments:

  1. Were you serious about the egg sandwich? That's all it takes to make you happy?! I get giddy over a good tuna sandwich with lots of Miracle Whip. That's WHHHip.

    Also, possibly if you had on the 'lame protective head gear' your neck wouldn't have popped...just sayin'. It sounds like your 6th grade bully self turned into a wuus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wus? No. I was a blood-thirsty demon in the ring. Don't make me come over there, Verna.

    ReplyDelete